Join our team
Why? What are benefits? What is culture like?
Wilson Public Relations is looking for a PR project coordinator to join our dynamic team! You will be working as a remote freelancer (1099 contractor), have experience supporting innovative publicity campaigns primarily in the B2B space, as well as be passionate and enthusiastic about our industry. Account work will include content strategy, creation, and distribution (e.g., creating PR and marketing materials such as press releases, blog posts, newsletters, and social media content), as well as data-driven reporting and analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone with entry-level experience, looking to grow their career and take on more responsibility in a PR/communications role.
You’ll be a master of execution and consistently deliver high-quality results for a variety of clients. You’ll confidently interact with team members and clients through email and calls, as needed. You’ll easily navigate responsibilities on multiple clients with success, and show consistent performance across a variety of accounts with an ability to take fluctuations in workload with ease. You learn quickly and consistently instill confidence in senior team members by managing the different function areas of PR: media and community relations, writing, social media marketing, and strategic planning. This role will assist with executing and monitoring communications strategies and is responsible for ensuring that all client work is organized and in conformance with timeline and deliverables requirements.
- Write a variety of content to support PR and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, social media copy, and press releases, among other materials
- Assist team in developing and implementing client communications strategies based on a variety of objectives
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Ensure the strategic value and highest quality of all client deliverables
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the progress of monthly client communications
- Assist with media outreach and media pitching as needed
- Execute various aspects of strategic media and community relations; leveraging existing relationships with reporters and outlets on behalf of client and agency
- Confidently engage with followers and organizations on social media on behalf of clients
- Perform both ongoing and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- 1-2 years experience in a communications or public relations role, agency experience preferred
- B.S/B.A. in public relations, marketing, business communications, or related field
- Ability to both work independently without guidance, as well as collaboratively with a team
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Exceptional writing, organization, and interpersonal communication skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker and creative writer
- A team player and a joy to work with!
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and writing samples to email@example.com.